Year 2 2019 - 2020
Year 2 Teacher and Design and Technology Lead.
Year 2 Teacher and Computing Lead
Learning Support Assistant
Welcome to Year 2!
Follow us on our Twitter Page: muchwooltony2
Please tag us in photos of you working at home on our twitter page!
Please scroll down the page for Home learning information during school closures.
Safeguarding: if you have concerns about the welfare of a child during school closures, please visit our page here: https://www.muchwoolton.co.uk/page/safeguarding-during-school-closure-2020/67139
Our teachers are Mrs Molloy and Miss Cummings who are asissted by Mrs Bibby and Miss Massie.
Welcome to Year 2's page. Here, you will find lots of information about what we do in Year 2. You will be able to see photographs of some of our work and see some of our displays.
Our spelling list for each half-term can be found on our page along with links to sites that will support our topic work.
Homework is set each week and is given out on a Tuesday. It is to be completed for the following Monday.
Spellings are tested on a Monday.
From September children will be tested on their x2 tables. We will then move onto learning their x5 and x10 times tables.
Children do lots of reading in Year 2 through individual reading with their teacher, LSA or another adult, Guided Reading in small groups, silent reading on their own and reading to their partners. Please keep reading your own books at home alongside our reading scheme and ask lots of questions about what has been read.
PE will take place on Thursdays with Mr Hathaway and on Mondays with the class teacher. Children should wear their school PE kit on these days.
Thank you for your continued support.
http://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting Variety of Maths Games to support learning
http://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/5-7-years/letters-and-sounds Variety of SPAG Games to support learing
Planets Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHAqT4hXnMw
Home Learning 2020
Below are the objectives we will be covering over the next few weeks of school. You will find pieces of work for children to complete attached under 'Files to Download'. We have also included links to a number of useful educational websites that include further activities for these subjects. Past Key Stage 1 SATs papers can also be found under suggested websites which would be great for the children to practise. Children should continue to read (both their school reading book and books from home) Remember to ask lots of inference questions about the text they have read. They should also continue to learn spelling and times tables (2s, 5s and 10s)
Suggested Websites for Resources and Home Activities
- KS1 Practise SATs Papers- https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/national-curriculum-assessments-practice-materials (free)
- Twinkl- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ (free logins for parents for 1 month)
- Classroom Secrets- https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/ (free logins for parents for 1 month)
- Teachers Pet- https://tpet.co.uk/ (free logins for parents for 1 month)
- The Literacy Shed- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html (free)
- Top Marks- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ (free)
No internet... No problem!
- Read together, write a magical story, describe your favourite animal, write about the things you can find in the garden, write a movie/book review, make your own phonics cards and do a teddy bear RWInc lesson
- Count objects in your house, make up you own calculations and challenge your family, make a giant numberline, measure things, bake a cake and measure your ingredients, practise telling the time, set up a shop in your house, count in 2's 5's & 10's forwards and backwards, count how many exercises you can do in a minute.
The whole world can be your classroom!
We hope that everyone is staying safe and we look forward to seeing everybody again soon.
Miss Cummings and Mrs Molloy
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display